About Us


The M & CC is located in the old library building just east of the Courthouse square in Quitman's large historic district.

The old Library was designed by the famous architect Lloyd Greer and was constructed in 1933.

The City of Quitman owned the building and sold it to Community Clubs, Inc. This group comprises the 13 local civic clubs who joined together to save the old Library Building and create the Historical Museum.
 

Mission Statement
To preseve the historic old Library Building, to create and maintain the Historical Museum and Cultural Center and to create a meeting place for civic clubs.

To interpret and exhibit historical and cultural resources significant to all citizens, adults, and children of Quitman and Brooks County, Georgia, and to collect only those resources which may be properly preserved and stored, and to serve as a center for education and research.

To provide cultural education, experiences and resouces in all areas of the Fine Arts for adults and children in Quitman and Brooks County.

To promote unity between all citizens throughout the city and county by the joint effort of incorportation and sponsorship of the Historical Museum and Cultrual Center, and the creation of a public meeting room for all civic and town hall affairs.


Comments